International Participants FAQs

May international participants attend your program?

Yes. Our program is open to both U.S. and international participants.

What type of visa should I request?

If you are not already in the U.S., then you will be joining our program as a not-for-credit participant and therefore we believe that a B1 visa or admission under the visa wavier program is appropriate.

May international participants request financial support?

Yes. You must submit the documents as described for domestic students above (see FAQ on Financial Support). Additionally, if you not from a U.S. visa-waiver country then you must already be in possession of a valid visa and provide us with a copy.

Please be aware that the USPAS cannot provide any funds for travel. While they may not be eligible to enroll at the host university, international participants receiving financial support from the USPAS are required to participate fully. This includes turning in all homework and projects and taking all exams.

As an international participant, may I enroll for credit at the host university?

International participants may not enroll for credit unless they hold a currently valid student visa and have the permission of their U.S. university.